Come and find ÉPK School on Facebook
... And on Twitter
We are going by @EpkSchool for quick and brief "what's happening" updates from the school.
Check out our Newsletter here:
How to Have a Great Vacation Tips from Dr. Norman Vincent Peale to prepare your spirit for the best summer yet!
Posted on June 27th, 2016
This is the season for time off to rest, to have a good time, enjoy a change and uplift your spirit. Let’s learn now to live with zest and delight and make this vacation the starting mark of a better life. Here are some tips to help you face this year’s vacation with a fresh spirit and perspective!
1. Approach each day in a glowing and hoping manner. You will get glowing and hoping results. Start complaining, and you’ll find plenty to complain about. Start being thankful for each and every blessing, and your causes for thankfulness will multiply.
2. Decide to unload the mistakes and failures you made. There can be no glorious optimism when you remind yourself: “I failed so many times, I did so many foolish things!”
3. Plan to go on this vacation without any secret guilt. Get rid of it first. Make amends, if you can. Go with a clear slate.
4. Make time for your dear ones. Draw nearer to those whom God has given you. All your busy year you miss intimate close talks and companionable hours. This vacation reclaim them.
5. Look with fresh light on nature. See and enjoy again a remembered pleasure. Get close to nature, whether it’s for one hour or a day or a week…Enjoy the earth, air, sun, and flowers.
6. Vow to be released from anything that defeats you. How can you be happy if you feel that there is some conflict within you, an everlasting ceaseless struggle? The Psalmist says, “Thou has put gladness in my heart.” It does no say, “I struggle for gladness until I achieve it.”
What is it that makes life a wonderful experience? What must you do to have gladness in your heart? You have to have a change of heart. Relearn the art of living. That’s your vacation this year!